Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New Designs & A "Big" Commission

I've been working on some ready made items to add to my Etsy store.  So far I've made some mini skirts for slim MSD's and some Maxi dress's for MSD's.  I've got 6 spaghetti tanks cut and ready to sew.  And, I'm working on a shirred summer dress that will be available in all sizes.
 
 I'm loving the above shirred summer dress.  I learned a new way to do the shirring on my machine and it looks so realistic on the doll.  I'm using my hubbies work shirts that he no longer wears for these.  The fabrics are so wonderfully soft and have great drape.  More to come with these later.

A "Big" Commission
Two years ago when I stopped taking commissions to have my son I noticed an increase in demand for larger SD size clothing.  (70cm +)  Now that I'm working again, I'm noticing the same. I've already done one commission for an EID girl and now I have a commission for a Dollshe boy.  With the new body style.  I'm excited for this one.  He's big, but his body is also very unique.  I'm starting tomorrow on the patterns for jeans and a t-shirt.



No comments: