Friday, July 20, 2012

Inspiration

I was in the car taking my daughter to a friends house when inspiration struck.  I've been trying to think of an outfit set that I can make for my Narae & LatiBlue.  Something that would show off their personalities that I have yet to really develope. My dolls usually just wear whatever commission I'm working on, or nothing at all. Not fair to them!

Anyways... inspiration.  I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series and I love it.  I finished book 14 last month and am now trying to find some used copies of 15 and 16.  I love the characters.  Especially Ranger and Stephanie.  So... Rangeman for my dolls!  If you haven't read the series you should.  Or just wiki it to get an idea of what I'm doing.

Here is my plan. 

Latiblue:
Black Cargos
Black utility/gun belt with peper spray, handcuffs, phone, and gun
Tight black t-shirt - hopefully with the Rangeman logo on it
Black jacket.  I've got this design in my head, I just have to draft it out.

Narae:
Black Cargos
Black utility/gun belt with peper spray, handcuffs, phone, and gun (she will have a little gun... she really hates to wear it!)
Tight black t-shirt - hopefully with the Rangeman logo on it
Black jacket.  I'm using one from a Haute Doll magazine as my base.  I'll be changing it a bit.

Basically they are both bounty hunters.  He was a ranger and is all mysterious and deadly.  He owns a security business called Rangeman.  And, he kinda has a thing for Stephanie.  She is a pretty bad bounty hunter.  He hires her upon occasion.  More as entertainment than anything else.  But, when she works for him, she has to wear his uniform.  All black with his Rangeman logo on every piece of clothing.
Here's my desk... all patterns except his jacket is cut out.  I can't wait to get this one sewing!  And, as a bonus, I can sell these as one offs.... if I don't keep them for my dollies!

No comments: