Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Finished Commissions... Bad Photos

I've been sewing for the past 2 weeks whenever I get the chance.  So far I've finished 2 commissions and some things that will be for sale in my Etsy this next week.  Photos of the commissions turned out kinda lousy, but at least you can see what I've been up to.

First up is a pair of jeans, some slacks, and a classic button down shirt for Lati Blue.  It's always nice to sew for dolls that I have in house.  I know when I mail it out that there won't be any fit issues. 

I'm working on a more realistic fly, waistband, and belt loops.  So far I think I really like what's happening.  I'm going to play with these parts on all pants that I'm doing until I find a way/look that I'm really happy with. 
 The shirt was a real trial.  I had the pattern drafted, but it's been almost 2 years since I made a detailed shirt like this in this scale.  I simplified the pattern some.  Omitting the collar band in favor of a simpler fold over collar.  It's nicer on this scale.  SD size is ok... but MSD... my machine really hates pieces that small!
The other commission was just a simple t-shirt.  It's for a much larger doll than my Dolfie Dream girl.  It's for an Ipplehouse EID girl.  So, it looks big, but it should fit her EID girl great.

I've got 2 more commissions on the books for right now.  I'm also busy sorting out photos, taking photos, and listing ready made things for sale.  Boy, the house is goona get messy this week.  If only I had a magic cleaning fairy... I could sew and play with my kids all day long.

No comments: