Monday, October 15, 2007

Completed Trench Coat

Today I finished up my trench coat commission. The finishing details that I was worried about went really smoothly. The button holes went in perfectly. And, I used my machine for the first time to set in the buttons. I don't think I will ever put in a button by hand again!!! I also finished the lining, and all those little details. The client wanted it to have an "worn" look, so I spent the better part of a day wrinkling and ironing it so it had that wrinkled and worn-ness about it. All in all I'm REALLY pleased with how this coat came out. I can't wait to make another one for one of my dollies. I'm thinking of a red trench coat for my Narae next.

No comments: